Thursday, March 24, 2011

SUNdon

The following is a message to my loyal reader(s?)...hi, Mom.
Somehow, I haven't written since March 9th?!? I wish I could say it's because I've been off doing fabulous things and seeing fabulous places, and while that is true to a point (London is pretty dang fabulous, after all) the truth is that I've been plugging away, very slowly, at my mountains and mountains and mountains of homework which are currently plaguing me.
Which brings me to my next point, which is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to do homework, since spring has hit London. I passed yesterday afternoon sitting on the lawn outside our halls, hanging out with my beyond glamorous, mojito-sipping friends (seriously, how does one pull off wearing a floor length, gauzy skirt and blazer while sitting on the ground? I have no idea, but this girl looked utterly chic.) Today, after a morning of renegotiating Tube routes thanks to a flood and fire at Charing Cross, Lisa and I walked to Hyde Park and sat on the grass, watched people, kicked away pigeons and soaked up the sun. (Note: I am no longer Vitamin-D deficient!) We finished the day with dinner and a pint somewhere near Holburn.
Now that I've updated the blogosphere (hi Luke! You know how I love that term!) about my perfect day, I must return, for the majority of the weekend, to my library-dwelling, significantly-less-fabulous self.
One final note: I have been cheating on this blog with a couple others. I guestblogged for Preseli Venture, the lovely bunch who took me coasteering in Wales--read that blog here. I'm also part of a food blog for University of Westminster called The Fat Sausage. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment