Thursday, May 12, 2011

Proof that at least two people read this blog!

It has been brought to my attention by a concerned citizen (hi Audrey Hudson) that I am neglecting this blog. She is right. It isn't that I haven't been doing blog-worthy activities (I didn't even talk about my whirlwind trip through Italy or Ing's visit to London). It's just that writing blogs would make me have to start to come to terms with the fact that I'm leaving London in less than two weeks, and thinking about that makes me a little sick.

BUT for a quick recap before I start to cry (JOKES, kind of):
Yesterday I was supposed to have my last exam, which would have left me home free to enjoy my last couple weeks. But a half hour into the exam, when I was already 1/3 of the way through my essays and feeling good about the grade boost it would give me, the fire alarm went off. Sweet. We all rushed outside, stood for a half hour, and came back into the room to be told by the registrar that the test had to be abandoned and would be rescheduled. It's now this upcoming Monday at 10...exactly when I am boarding a flight to Barcelona. So now I'm headed into Central to turn in paperwork so I don't have to show up to the resit and can instead do a take-home assignment...not exactly what I wanted for my last week, but eh, shit happens.

Last night, Lisa, Spain, Hilary and I went to Belgo, a Belgian restaurant in Covent Garden with BOMB mussels and pomme frites. They were delicious (I had mussels stea
med in cream, garlic and celery), especially when accompanied by raspberry beer and followed with creme brulee. (I think I'll be making a pit stop to some chic Belgian restaurant in two weeks on my train layover in Brussels.)

I won't go into detail about why we all met up last night, but
suffice it to say it was one of the last nights we would all be in town at the same time. Not that any of us ever need an excuse to nom on everything in sight, but last night's reason was actually kinda valid.

Anywho, tomorrow I'm off for a bound-to-be-hilarious weekend of camping in Brighton for my lovely friend Ashley's birthday. Monday I head to Barcelona, return Friday, and enjoy five glorious days in London before I train it to Holland for six days with the Karsches, then head to America. AHHHH, it's impossible that this has to end.


PS: to any friends from the Valley/anyone who in the off chance would be seeing my dad, DON'T mention my end-of-May return. I'm surprising him for Father's Day; he thinks I'm coming home June 15. Luckily, he is computer illiterate and has no idea how to access this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment